- 5 large chicken breasts, cut in large pieces
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, for brushing
- 1¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt.3
For the wet Rub
For the Marinade
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Cut them in half or thirds, depending on the size of the breasts. Cut deep slits into the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the wet rub. Smear the rub in between the slits and if there is any left over, rub it over the entire chicken breasts.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in the bowl with marinade and mix well, making sure each chicken breasts is fully coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° F / 205° C.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and over it, place a grill rack. Place the chicken breasts over the grill rack leaving a bit of space in between each piece.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, and after 15 minutes brush some butter over each piece. After the first 30 minutes, turn the chicken pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes, again brushing the meat with butter after 15 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and chopped green onions.