I am not crazy about zucchini to be honest, I find them boring and I usually avoid them as much as possible. I know they have lots of awesome benefits then again, so is any other fruit or vegetable, no surprise there, but for me is simply a matter of taste… they don’t tell me anything. However, if you want to put them back on the “exciting appetizers” list, I have just the right recipe. Load them up with cheese, beef and chorizo and things will start to get pretty interesting, believe you me. Here’s the recipe… enjoy!
- 3 large zucchini
- ½ lb ground beef
- ¼ cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup feta cheese, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F / 190° C
- In a skillet, add the ground beef and cook until it's no longer pink. Add the cumin, salt and pepper to it and stir well. Add the chorizo sausage and spaghetti sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Wash and cut the zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh.
- Fill each zucchini half with some of the meat mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, feta and tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.