If you like the ones you usually order at your favourite restaurant then you will definitely love these. They are simply delicious and the recipe does not require too much time to prepare nor any weird ingredients. Enjoy!
- 10-12 mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt. Add water, hot sauce and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly. Allow excess batter to drip off.
- Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly. Repeat until all mushrooms are done.
- Heat deep fryer to 365° F / 185° C. Deep fry your mushrooms in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt. (Optional)